Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Perfect Pattern Parcel #2 and PR&P Create your fabric!


 Welcome to my corner of the web if you're visiting from the Perfect Pattern Parcel!!!

I had so much fun sewing the Celestial Tee and Hosh Pants!  I sewed the Seraphic Raglan from Figgy's Heavenly Collection last month HERE and I hope to sew up many more from this collection!

I was also glad that my Pattern Parcel tour stop worked with Project Run & Play's theme of creating your own fabric!  I prepared a quick tutorial on how I used my Silhouette Cameo Machine to create a fun shoulder detail with geometric shapes out of heat transfer vinyl!  

Before I get to the tutorial let me talk about these two great patterns!
The Hosh Pants from LouBee have just recently been updated to a size 6!  I know that I will be sewing many more pairs of this great pattern!  I used a stretch denim for my sweet girl's pants and love how they are perfect for wearing inside her cowboy boots!

Can you tell Eva Mae likes the sand box?  
I went to my first choice of photoshoot location and this is what I got:


So, I decided that it would be better just to let her be happy even if it meant a mess! 

(Yes, that is sand she is pouring in her hair!)

The Celestial Tee is super easy and fast to put together!  I love the sort of drop shoulder sleeve that makes the construction a breeze!
  
Now let's talk about the wonderful opportunity to get both of these patterns AND MORE in the Perfect Pattern Parcel #2 and also support a wonderful organization!  Donor's Choose is amazing and so many of my teacher friends have furnished classroom instruments and materials through generous donors!  I highly recommend contributing to music programs in Donors Choose if you are able!
(Or, in searching through some of the creative arts projects, I found THIS ONE that wants to start a sewing home ec class!!!)

The Celestial Tee was also the perfect sort of canvas for me to create my own print!
I thought it was so funny that I had planned and made this shirt and then I saw the Straight Lines and Angles series and then this shirt by Tara at Girl Like the Sea! Geometric is certainly "in!"


For my tutorial to "create fabric" in this week's PR&P challenge, I used the leftover heat transfer vinyl that I used for making my son a Dr. Seuss shirt
  
I used the font "Pointers" to add my shapes to the Silhouette software, cut the vinyl...

And then arranged the vinyl on the shirt sleeve and used the hot iron to transfer to the material!

Voila!  If you don't have Silhouette you could also use the font to create a freezer paper stencil or just cut out the shapes from heat transfer vinyl.


 Thank you so much for visiting and make sure you grab your opportunity to get the bundle HERE!












4 comments:

  1. so fun! i love that detail on the shoulder :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael!!! I am LOVING all the paper dolls that are being made to go with this pattern parcel! You did such a great job

      Delete
  2. RaeAnna, I love the Celestial Tee you made. I have been dreaming of getting s Silhouette of my own. Maybe I'll treat myself for my birthday. Thank you for sewing with us for Parcel #2. I love that you took the time to look at classrooms in need on the Donorschoose.org site. I've marked the classroom project you found. We'll be funding the rest of their project at the end of Parcel #2 for certain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! That is so cool to hear the project will be funded! I'm sure the teacher will be thrilled!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...