Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Sequin St. Patrick's Day!


Nothing like a last minute project!!!  I had so much fun making this on St. Patrick's Eve that I wanted to stay up late so I could share two fun tutorials for you!

First, I want to say THANK YOU to Cali Fabrics for sponsoring the sequin fabric in this post!  I have several fun projects planned over the next few months to use up my happy mail!
(Fabric was provided for promotional material but my opinions are 100% my own)

 
These bodysuit embellishments could be made with any sort of semi-stretch fabrics!  Add fabric flowers, buttons, and more to give a bodysuit a little more flair!

Sequin Ruffle Skirt Tutorial
 

For my size 2T ruffle skirt I used:
  • 18"x4" black knit fabric
  • 40"x4" top sequin strip
  • 30"x8.5" bottom sequin strip


Step 1.  Fold each sequin skirt section with right sides together and sew the side seam.
Step 2.  Turn under the bottom of each skirt section 1/2" and hem in place.
Step 3.  Add a basting/ruffle stitch to the top of each skirt section.

Set aside and we will now work on the knit waistband.

 
Step 4.  Fold the knit in half so the short edges line up.  Sew with a 1/2" zigzag stitch.
Step 5.  Now fold the waistband in half so the long edges match.  The top of this fold will be the top of the waistband and the raw edges will be sewn to the top of the skirt.
 
Step 6.  Now, gather your skirt pieces.  Gather the bottom skirt to loosely match up with the size of the waistband.  Gather the top of the skirt section to match up with the bottom of the skirt section.
Pin the waistband and the skirt pieces together as shown in the picture.  All raw edges will be lined up.  The waistband is facing down while you sew around the big circle.  Make sure to sew through each layer.
  

Fold the waistband up and you have a finished skirt!

I look forward to taking some sweet pictures of Eva Mae in the morning!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Sewing Mama RaeAnna Blog


1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for later today that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-sequin-st-patricks-day-outfit-for-little-girls/2014/03/17/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...