Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Friday, February 1, 2013

Über Delish Oatmeal Cookies! (Vegan!)



I am SO IN LOVE with these cookies!  This is the second time making the same type - I've notated a couple different ways you can make them as well as a printable link so you can easily print off the directions if you don't like getting your computer gunky with kitchen goodness! haha!


Here's what you'll need:
3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup coconut oil

1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
Now, pick your version:
1 egg and 1/4 cup milk OR 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup brown sugar OR 1 cup maple syrup

I made the less healthy (egg/milk/sugar) version and they were a little crunchier. This time I used the applesauce/almond milk/syrup version and they were pretty dense but ÜBER DELISH!

I came up with this recipe after searching for cookie recipes that didn't need butter or eggs and I found that coconut oil worked great as a butter substitute (and tastes AWESOME!)

DISCLAIMER - if you use the vegan version (no egg) you can EAT THE BATTER!!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!  Little girl was quite the fan of Über Delish batter!
 

Preheat the oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet (I used my baking stone)

Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl and all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  I melted the coconut oil down in the microwave before mixing together with the peanut butter.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  If your mixture is not pliable enough add a little more milk or applesauce.


Drop onto your cookie sheet in balls about the size of a golf ball and press down.

Cook for 12-15 minutes - Yields about 2.5 dozen cookies

 
 Serve and enjoy!!! (They are a great school snack! Little man is doing his ABC Mouse.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...