Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cute set for the fall!

Refashioned t-shirt and ruffle pants!!!


I bought this fabric at our local quilt store on clearance - I think it was 50-60% off?  I just got a little bit - I think 1/2 yard of each?  It was enough to make this adorable outfit for Eva Mae! :)

I started out by taking the side seams out about 2" and inserted a band of fabric.  I sewed it onto the shirt and then re-stitched the side seams with my serger.

Then, I used my embroidery machine to do the "Shabby Rose" applique!  It's the easiest applique I've done! I can't wait to see the edges fringe when I wash it!



The ruffle pants have extra ruffle to them - it's kind of bulky but I think it makes it look more "boutique-ish!" ;-)

I serged the ends instead of doing a narrow hem since I thought it would match the "shabby" of the applique! 


I'll post pics of Eva Mae soon!
#82!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!

    Thank you for showing your support of Hopeful Threads project this month by adding the badge to your blog!

    I'm the newest follower of your beautiful blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...